The David-Kenneth Group is seeking to add a qualified Data Center Business Analyst to its team of experienced data center migration professionals. We specialize in data center transformations. Our services include data center migrations, infrastructure and virtualization optimization, and advisory services for large enterprise clients. Data Center migration projects are mission-critical, come with inherent risks and the qualified candidate must have previous experience with data center virtualization migrations, consolidations and/or relocations.
This position’s primary responsibility is to assist in leading the infrastructure discovery process associated with data center migrations and consolidations. This position requires leadership skills and a detail-oriented individual who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously while accurately monitoring and reporting activities to concerned stakeholder(s).
Our work culture mandates an entrepreneurial mindset and a self-starter attitude. David-Kenneth Group hires individuals that embrace critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement of themselves and those around them. This position will provide unique challenges as well as an opportunity to work with an industry leader whose services are in high demand. If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at a massive scale, then this is the job is for you!
• Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data migration needs.
• Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
• Assist in designing, planning and managing the data migration process.
• Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
• Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
• Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
• Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
• Facilitate meetings for customer requirements, create business analytics for projects and research solutions while coordinating deficiency remediation.
• Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
• Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting.
• Manage cross-program data assurance for physical data items in source and target systems.
• PREVIOUS DATA CENTER MIGRATION EXPERIENCE
• Ability to maintain, track to robust, client-specific communication plans and deliver, meeting or exceeding deadlines
• In-depth experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio Pro and MS PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Ability to research data independently or working with a team of resources
• Compare raw data from multiple sources and identify gaps and deltas
• Convert physical inventory findings into a master inventory
• Conduct productive discovery and requirements meetings identifying hardware and software dependencies
• Interpersonal and follow up skills
• Analyze and identify migration move groups and bundles
• Create As Is and To Be dependency diagrams with MS Visio
• Deep understanding of meaningful metrics and reports
• Strong attention to detail by continuously analyzing the data throughout the lift of the project
• Adapt to cross-functional duties across multiple projects
• Strong organization and requirement gathering skills
• Experience managing team calendars and travel communications
• Strong troubleshooting ability
• Assist with developing migration plans/schedules with MS Project
• Dashboard design experience
• Experience with SharePoint usage and/or administration
• Past telecommuting background
• Strong passion for getting things done
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Full time with Benefits
• Ability to travel on short notice (approximately 20 - 30% within continental US)
David-Kenneth Group is a privately held company whose main offices are in Annapolis, Maryland. Our core competency and singular focus is data center migration and disaster recovery. The company is a certified veteran-owned business and has more than 40-years of experience increasing market share and revenue for clients. All of our people, processes and methodology are purposed to help achieve the very attractive business benefits associated with data center migrations. What is typically a once in a lifetime project for most organizations is what we do all day, every day.
Please visit our website at www.davidkennethgroup.com for additional information.
What we do!
Our typical engagements are relocations, mergers, consolidations, and modernizations lasting anywhere from 6 to 18 months. Our clients usually operate between 300 and 2000+ virtual servers providing mission-critical IT services in the health care, financial services, media, retail, utilities and national defense industries. Our data center migration services include data center migration strategy workshops, relocations, colocations, consolidations, transitions (transformation), and disaster recovery. We help organizations determine the strategy that best meets their evolving technical requirements and business goals. A data center migration strategy can include infrastructure optimization, colo and outsourcing selection, or application modernization services; our experts will guide clients through the process without interruption to services.
Our Benefits & Our Culture
The David Kenneth Group is committed to providing our employees with a competitive benefits package that complements our core values and demonstrates our people-first commitment. We offer a competitive salary; paid time off; FLEX- Time, paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K; profit sharing program; and additional benefits such as employee development, education assistance, and employee referral bonuses. The hiring and retention of employees is critical to our success so we are continually striving to enhance our attraction as a great place to work!